In Elements, you can create links between records. For example, you can link grants to publications, professional activities, or teaching activities. The example below creates a link between a grant and a publication.
- Click Menu.
- Click the Create links link located under Manage.
- Under create links between, select the two types of records you wish to link. For this example, we're linking a grant to a publication.
- Once you've made your selections, the available activities in each category will populate.
- Select the records you wish to link together.
- Click Create one new link.
If you find you have linked two records in error and want to remove the link:
- Open one of the two linked records.
- Scroll down to Links to users and other Elements.
- To remove the link between the two records, click the red X.
- Click OK to confirm you wish to remove the link between the two records.
Note: This does not delete or remove either record. It removes the link between the two records in Elements.
The link between the two records has now been removed.