You can delegate the rights to edit your records to an assistant or other member of staff.
Delegates have access to copies of your email alerts and will be able to log in (using their own credentials) and 'impersonate' you to manage and edit your records and narratives.
You will need to add your delegates in two locations:
- In Vita for access to Narratives and Supporting Data.
- In Elements for access to manage records related to your Publications, Professional Activities, Teaching Activities and Grants.
Add Delegate in Vita
Adding a delegate to Vita will grant them access to your Narratives and Supporting Data.
- Log-in to Vita at vita.osu.edu
- Click on Account Settings at the top of the page.
- Type the person's name or Ohio State username (lastname.#) in the search bar, and select the correct delegate user from the list that auto-populates.
- Click Add.
- The user has now been added as a delegate.
Remove delegates in Vita
To remove a delegate, click Remove next to their name.
Add Delegate in Elements
Adding a delegate to Elements will grant them access to manage records related to your Publications, Professional Activities, Teaching Activities and Grants.
- Log-in to Vita at vita.osu.edu.
- Click on My Data > Elements Dashboard in the navbar or Manage My Elements Data in the shortcuts at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Menu.
- Under My Account scroll to Account Settings.
- Select Manage delegates.
- Under Manage delegates, type the person's last name.
- Find the correct delegate user in the drop-down box, then click Add delegate.
Remove delegates in Elements
A list of all delegates will appear at the bottom of the Manage Delegates section. To remove a delegate click the red X button next to the delegate's name.