The Teaching and Learning Resource Center is a website for Ohio State educators seeking to enhance their teaching skills and support student success. Browsing the site, you’ll find teaching and learning strategies and examples, learning opportunities from across the university, and extensive documentation on Ohio State’s eLearning toolset.
As a cross-unit collaboration, the Teaching and Learning Resource Center coordinates university efforts to highlight key content for Ohio State educators, creating a user-friendly hub of curated resources.
A Steering Committee of representatives from each partnering unit provides guidance and direction for ongoing site development:
- Sara Childers, Director of Strategic Diversity Planning, Training, & Assessment, Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Sam Craighead (co-chair), Associate Director of Professional Learning, Office of Technology and Digital Innovation
- Meg Daly, Associate Dean, Undergraduate Education
- Amanda Folk, Head of Teaching and Learning, University Libraries
- Amy Kulesza, Biology Education Research Specialist, Center for Life Sciences Education
- Christopher Manion, Writing Across the Curriculum Coordinator, Center for the Study and Teaching of Writing
- Marcia Nahikian-Nelms, Director, Education, FAME, College of Medicine
- Melinda Rhodes-DiSalvo (co-chair), Associate Director for Strategic Partnerships and Operations, Michael V. Drake Institute for Teaching and Learning
- Casey Rinehart, Director of Distance Education and Learning Design, College of Education and Human Ecology
- Elizabeth Vu, Director of Distance Education, College of Arts and Sciences Office of Distance Education
- Susie Whittington, Executive Director, Office of Academic Enrichment
Content for the site has been developed, reviewed, or managed by the following contributors:
Ola Ahlqvist, Mitchell Bartholomew, Shari Beck, Joe Bondra, Rachel Bowen, Renee Bowling, Grace Buchholz, Eric Brinkman, Moe Buckley, James Chiucchi, Jason Connelly, Susan D’Agostino, Robert Decatur, Beth Fines, Megan Fogel, Brian Guerrero, Jane Hammons, Carol Hemmerly, Samantha Herrmann, Sarah Holt, Julie Humbel-Courtney, Anna Jamieson, Tanisha Jenkins, Teresa Johnson, Ben Kenzer, Tara Koger, Amanda Larson, Fabio Leite, Christopher Manion, Andrew Martin, Russel Marzette, Laurie Maynell, Mollie McConnell, Anne McDaniel, Kia McKinnie, Erin Mercurio, Ashley Miller, John Muir, Katie O’Keefe, Jon Picking, Jessica Phillips, Nicole Pizarro, Lisa Rice, Stephanie Rohdieck, Amanda Schlemmer, Allison Schultz, Ryan Sheehan, Scott Sheeler, Amber Sherman, Shadia Siliman, Jeannie Simmons, Jeremie Smith, Kristin Smock, Claire Sweigart, Erica Szeyller, Ross Tamburro, Matthew Van Jura, Charles Williamson, Emma Young
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I suggest a new piece of content or update to existing content in the Teaching and Learning Resource Center?
You can submit your suggestion to email@example.com.
What happened to the ODEE Resource Center?
The Office of Distance Education and eLearning (ODEE) Resource Center was retired when the Teaching and Learning Resource Center launched. The ODEE Resource Center was built in an old content management system (CMS) and had become outdated both technologically and in much of its content. When ODEE made plans to update the CMS supporting the Resource Center, they took the opportunity to re-envision what the website could be and asked units across the university to partner to create a holistic resource for Ohio State educators seeking information on best practices in teaching and how to use the university’s eLearning tools.
Where can I find information I used to access or link to in the ODEE Resource Center?
Most of the popular links from the ODEE Resource Center have been redirected to point to the same information on the Teaching and Learning Resource Center. If the old link doesn’t redirect you to the right place, you can try the Teaching and Learning Resource Center’s search feature. Once you find the new location of what you’re looking for, please remember to update your bookmarks! In addition, toolset information on the new website has been reorganized and updated, so it should be easier than ever to find what you’re looking for. If you still can’t find the information you need, let us know.