There are three steps you'll need to complete to set up your email and notifications within the CarmenCanvas Inbox messaging system.
Inbox allows users to send messages within Canvas to each other. You can access the Inbox from the global navigation, available in all courses.
Instructors: See Communicating with Students for additional instructional information.
Step 1: Add Email Addresses
By default, all notification emails are sent to your official Ohio State email address (email@example.com).
When another user sends you a message within Canvas, you will receive an email copy if you have set up your Notifications to do so. You can then reply to the Canvas message from the email notification or from within the Canvas Inbox.
Before doing anything else in Canvas, we highly encourage all users to add your firstname.lastname@example.org address and any other email addresses from which you would like to reply to messages.
See the Canvas article on adding additional email addresses to your Canvas account.
Step 2: Set Up Notifications
All users can set their own notification preferences. Students are encouraged to select their notification preferences in order to receive updates on course announcements, grades, and assignment updates.
If you would like to receive an email copy of the messages you send in Canvas, set up your notifications to receive notifications for Conversations Created By Me.
You can set the following notifications:
- Content type (e.g., grades, announcements, discussion posts, etc.)
- Frequency of notifications
- Where the notifications are sent (e.g., text message or additional email address)
- Push notifications to mobile devices
See the following Canvas guides for directions setting your notification preferences:
- How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as a student?
- How do I set Notification Preferences in the Student app on my Android device?
Step 3: Safelist Canvas Emails
In some cases, Canvas notifications may filter into your Junk or Spam folder. Notifications are sent from the following address: email@example.com.
If this happens, you can add Canvas to a list of "Safe senders," which automatically places all Canvas notifications into your inbox.
To add Canvas to BuckeyeMail's list of "Safe senders":
- Login to buckeyemail.osu.edu
- Click the gear button in the upper-right corner of the page. A drop-down list displays.
- Click Mail in the "My app settings" area. The Mail Options page displays.
- Select Block or allow from the left navigation.
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org into the Safe Senders and Recipients box.
- Click the + button.