As a part of their continued efforts to increase security Zoom enabled a security setting for cloud recordings on April 10, 2020. Any recordings created since April 10th now have a system-generated password automatically associated with it.
If you have a secure way of doing so (for instance, in your Carmen course), please leave the setting in place and share the password. If sharing the password securely is not feasible, you may disable the password from specific recordings or change the default for your account.
The process for removing passwords is two-fold, as you need to disable the setting for both your CarmenZoom account and any recordings created since the update went live.
To disable the setting for your CarmenZoom account:
- Log in to carmenzoom.osu.edu.
- Select Settings from the left-hand menu.
- Click the Recording tab from the top of the page.
- Scroll down to the setting titled Require password to access shared cloud recordings. Switch this setting off to keep any future recordings from being automatically password protected.
To remove the password from any recent recordings:
- Log in at carmenzoom.osu.edu.
- On the left side of the page, select Recordings.
- Click the Cloud Recordings tab from the top of the page.
- To the right of your listed recordings, you will see a SHARE... button, click it to bring up a Share this cloud recording dialog box.
- Midway in the dialog box, you should see a setting titled Password protect. Switch that off to disable the password.
If you are still having issues with sharing or accessing Zoom recordings after following all the above steps, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.