How it Works
Proctorio requires Google Chrome and you need to install the Proctorio extension (see directions below). Proctorio is active when you log in to the exam and is gone when you log out.
During the exam, Proctorio uses your webcam and microphone to capture your movements and sends the data to your instructor for review. Proctorio will flag activity that might not be allowed. Your instructor will then be able to review the video and data to decide if any action is necessary.
What You'll Need
- A computer (Windows/Mac computer or laptop). You cannot take the exams from mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, Android device, etc).
- Webcam (internal or external)
- Microphone (internal or external)
- BuckID — If your instructor requires the identity verification step for your exam, use your BuckID not your driver's license or other photo ID.
- Google Chrome
- Proctorio Chrome Extension
Proctorio walks you through the process as you're taking the exam, so you do not need to refer to any instructions while you're using Proctorio.
Step 1: Install Google Chrome
To install Chrome on your computer, visit google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser
Do not use Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox, or Safari to access Proctorio; they are not supported.
Step 2: Install the Proctorio Extension
Proctorio also requires an app extension that needs to be added to Chrome. You only need to do this once.
- Navigate togetproctorio.com
- Click the link under Install Proctorio Chrome Extension.
- Click Add extension.
Proctorio has been added!
Proctorio provides 27/7 help via phone and chat. You can access additional help through the Proctorio extension.
In order to access the Proctorio Help and Support Center and 24/7 Live Chat, users must:
- Be using Chrome
- Have the Proctorio Chrome extension installed
- Must be in a CarmenCanvas course in which Proctorio has been enabled
To access the help information and Live Chat:
- Click on the Proctorio Chrome extension icon.
- Click Live Chat to speak to a Proctorio representative.
- Click Help and Support Center for videos and step-by-step guides.
For additional assistance with Proctorio, contact the CarmenCanvas support team.