Create instant meetings using your CarmenZoom account's personal meeting ID that never changes.
- Your own Zoom space to share with whomever you want.
- Customizable Personal Meeting ID
- Customizable Personal Link
Your personal meeting room should only be used when you are meeting on-the-fly with someone. Do not use your personal meeting room to host classes or public events; instead, use scheduled meetings.
Think of it as something like your phone number, but with video. In fact, you can edit the URL for your personal meeting to use any 10-digit number you prefer; your Ohio state phone number is a good suggestion. You can also create a URL that includes your name.
For your personal meeting room, we recommend turning off Allow Join Before Host; this is your room, to be used only when you are there.
Using your personal meeting room at a time when you have scheduled another Zoom meeting through the Zoom app, the web portal, or the CarmenCanvas integration may cause problems.
- Log in to carmenzoom.osu.edu with your lastname.# and university password.
- Choose Meetings on the left-hand sidebar.
- Click the Personal Meeting Room tab.