When exporting your U.OSU site, WordPress will create an XML file for you to save to your computer. This file will contain your posts, pages, custom post types, comments, custom fields, categories, tags, custom taxonomies, and users. Once you've saved the download file, you can import this data into another WordPress site.
Follow the steps below to export your U.OSU site.
- Login to u.osu.edu and navigate to the dashboard of the site that you would like to export.
- Click Tools from the left-side Main Menu.
- Select Export from the Tools menu.
- Select the content you would like to export.
- Click Download Export File.
- Once your .xml file downloads, save your file in an easy-to-access location. Use this file to import to another blog platform.