Once a presentation is created, you can add closed captions. All players will support presentations with closed captions.
Accepted file types include: Video Text Tract (VTT), Synchronized Accessible Media Interchange (SAMI), SubRip (SRT) or Distribution Format Exchange Profile (DFXP).
There are multiple ways you might create a SRT file. The simplest method is YouTube. To do so:
- Download your Mediasite presentation and extract the MP4 file.
- Upload the MP4 file to YouTube and create / export the SRT file.
- Once you have the SRT file, use the instructions below to upload it your Mediasite presentation.
To add closed captioning to your Mediasite presentation:
- Login to your MyMediasite Portal.
- Choose the presentation.
- Click Edit Details.
- Select the Delivery sub-tab.
- Check Audio Transcriptions.
- Choose Manual Upload an Audio Caption File.
- Click Select a File.
- Select and upload your file.
- Click Save.