Is this your first semester?
Check out the Getting Started with Carmen for Students guide and see below for helpful start of term reminders!
Why can't I see my course in Carmen?
- Just added? Remain calm! Added or dropped courses process overnight.
- Not Created? It is up to your instructor to decide if and when to use Carmen.
- Unpublished? Check with your instructors -- they decide when to make content available to you.
- Wrong section number? If the course section is different than what you registered for, your instructor might have merged the course! Check out more on merged courses.
- Check your filters.
- Missing published courses in the Canvas mobile app? If a course is showing as published on your Carmen landing page, but is not showing up in your Canvas mobile app, log out and log back in with the QR code option.
- Confirm your course enrollment in BuckeyeLink.
- To set up BuckeyePass.
- Log in to CarmenZoom at carmenzoom.osu.edu prior to joining or hosting Zoom meetings for the best experience and to access the full functionality of a Zoom pro account provided by your Ohio State license.
- Update your favorite courses in Carmen so only your current courses appear in your course list. You can also create nicknames to shorten the course title, which will then appear throughout Carmen.
- Update your notification preferences so you don't miss any important course messages or announcements.
Is this your first semester?
Check out the Getting Started with Carmen for Instructors guide or attend a workshop from the Office of Technology and Digital Innovation (OTDI). See below for helpful start-of-term reminders!
Why can't my students see my course in Carmen?
- Not Created? Be sure to create your courses in Carmen early so students can prepare for the semester!
- Is everything published? Check the Student View to ensure your content is visible to students.
- Manually add participants who are not auto-enrolled through the Registrar's system.
- Want to share your course with another instructor? Don't add users to past courses, instead share content with Forum Courses. See the adding users to an old course FAQ for additional information.
- In order to message students in Carmen, your course must be published. You can also send notifications to students using the Faculty Center roster.
- Copy course content into each section you are teaching.
- Set a course home page. You might also want to set announcements to show on your homepage.
- Hide navigation links for tools you are not using.
- Check that your quizzes settings and points are correct.
- Publish course content:
- Set up BuckeyePass
- Log in to CarmenZoom at carmenzoom.osu.edu to manage your meeting security settings and before joining or starting a meeting to ensure that you have full access to the functionality of a Zoom pro account provided by your Ohio State license
- Carmen Common Sense: Best Practices
- Teaching Online: Effective Practices
- Online Instructor Presence
- Integrating Technology into your Course
- Learning Opportunities
Browse our growing repository of teaching topics to explore best practices for planning your courses, choosing teaching strategies, supporting your students, and more.
The IT Service Desk offers 24-hour support, seven days a week.
- Phone: 614-688-4357 (HELP)
- Email: ServiceDesk@osu.edu
- Self Service and Chat Support: go.osu.edu/IT
- Online support forms
In-person support is available on both Columbus and regional campuses through BuckeyeBar.